Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My Definition of News

   Makaila Jordan
MM2003

                                                 




                                                     

            My Definition of News

My definition of news is information introduced to me that applies to me and my certain interest at the time. Just because its news to someone else doesn’t mean its news for everyone. Pop culture, the music industry, sports, and fashion trends are usually my main intake of news on a day to day basis, through mediums such as my cell phone, magazines and even the radio. I'm sure as I grown and change in my demographic group my definition of news and news sources will change because my priorities will along with it.
            My main source of the news usual comes from social media such as Facebook, Instagram and even Twitter .The news I prefer applies in my life in many ways basically the way I talk and dress are heavily influence by the “news” I intake, as well as many of my peers. Even my goals are affected by the sports news I watch, because it applies to my basketball career.

            The main reason I refrain from watching mainstream news like what my parents watch, like CNN is because it scares me and gives me a false view of the world. They constantly portray stories of terror and act of violence that distorts my view about what’s actually happening around me. I would rather watch news that “keeps it real” rather than news that just wants to sell the biggest story.

No comments:

Post a Comment