Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Numbers


When I lived in Wylie I viewed as a very diverse place in pretty much all aspects. So I took a look into my hometowns statistics to see if I was correct. Out of 25 www.money.com  picked Wylie to be one of the best places to live in 2015!
Wylie’s Population in 2013: 44,575 Population change since 2000: +194.6%. With a 21,526 (48.3%) male to 23,049 (51.7%) female ratio.  With the median age being 34.1 years old. Yes it is a family town. Estimated median household income in 2013: $78,207 (it was $58,393 in 2000). Which beat the overall Texas income at $51,704.
As far as races in Wylie go it is pretty divers for the most part even though it is majority white. 61.9 % are white while 16.6% are Hispanic and 12.8 are black with only 5.7 being Asian.

Most people who live in Wylie have had some kind of educational background. 94.9% have a High school or higher. 34.4% have a Bachelor's degree or higher. 7.4% have Graduate or professional degree with 3.2% being Unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment